11.21.2010

The movement of Love

The movement of Love [slideshow]



    (CLOCKWISE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT)
    Come right in, 2010 pencil on paper
    The shape of love, 2010 digital photo
    Come higher, 2010 pencil on paper
    Draw me to Your side, 2010 pen on paper

Today is the first official day I've decided to pursue drawing as the direction of my life and it seems like I'm just begining to learn how to walk. Making art has never been so simple as today - I'm relearning to talk and learning to walk.

And this is the small voice for this morning:



I saw a pathway upward to heaven that looks like a wave and a wing. "Come higher... higher..." I heard Him say.

I started to experiment with drawing - how do I draw a stroke with God's hand on it? how do I move with His hand movement? I started with a curve and the picture on the left came out. Right after drawing that picture, I was stunned to find that the same curvature was formed by lights reflected on the wall in front of me. So this is what love is like: up, down and around. : ) He come with His hand from way up, reaches down and surrounds, and we walk right in.

After drawing "come right in" I saw this light on the way. In a way it was a sign for me that the simplest shape of love is wave that comes under and over -an embrace.

Certain moments or impressions keep reoccuring because they have an timeless quality to them. Then is love a most primal memory that we keep returning to in our lifetime?

No comments: