1.24.2011

How beautiful


how beautiful
acrylic on wood, 2009



"I thirst". (John 19:28)


There is not a second that passes by in our lives
in which He is not waiting for us and wanting us.
It is our honor to wait for Him, for He is so worth waiting on and waiting for.
It is in longing that we taste, for a moment, His longing for us.


'I feel like Jesus is saying, I've been waiting for this day.
I see a picture of Jesus waiting for a generation of lovers, not just workers... He's been patiently waiting on this earth for a generation of lovers. This is what He died for. When he was on the cross, He was looking for children, but more than children.... for 2000 years. He loves children, but He has been waiting for lovers. And I feel like Jesus in saying to you tonight: "I've been waiting for you. My arms have been open wide. I've been waiting for you to be a lover. Come in. come in. Don't be scared. Don't be ashamed. I will not hurt you. I am trust worthy. You can trust me. Come in. Come in." There's an invitation. There's an invitation tongiht. Jesus saids, "come in"'.
-Pastor Nate, March 2008.

No comments: