11.25.2010

The power of expression: A dream about drawing

There is a way to drawing the honest, raw, essence of the truth of something. In that essence contains an explosive power that creates, breaks, transform. It's beyond what I see, what I feel, what I think. It's about seeing, feeling and thinking within Love & colliding with Love. And that essence is found in the mind of God - how he sees, how he feels, what He thinks. Intimacy with Love is where every strong thing begins to shake. It's totally personal but the world around you is shaking just when you understand that He loves you.

Today, I got an email about drawing more truthful pictures: drawing from inside of me. It reminded me a weird dream I had a while ago.

In the dream, a group of Hong Kong actors were moving heavy frames, pots and other things as props for their poses. Each prop was weighed by pounds. Then the actors put on the pots and frames and put it on their heads and chests and arms. Afterwards they were to draw themselves. One man removed one heavy pot from the guy on the left, laughing and joking that he’ll never know that he has changed (in this posing process, one only remembers what one put on one’s own head, and cannot see himself.

There were also different character figures who brought their weapons (e.g. 金鋼棒) to the show to display their talent for a chance to impress and win.

The scene changed into a children’s show. There were people dressed up in circus animal costumes, and little kids were told to draw them. The one who drew the chosen/ the best picture would get a prize. I was really impressed by one girl who drew the animals really quickly (within seconds) and accurately. The cheery, loud host of the show was showing the impressive pictures.

But when the host told the girl to draw her (the host herself), she drew the face of how she felt inside. The host began to cry as she saw the twisted face of sadness in the picture, and gasps of shock resounded in the room. Suddenly there was a flow of light in the room and God’s glory hit the room while people fell to the ground as the light flowed like small rivers between the people.

In the dream I woke up from the dream and went to tell my artsy friend bout this incident. She was busy and uninterested. Nonetheless I accompanied her to the mall to buy things. As we were in the mall, I spotted a girl who I thought was the girl who drew the picture. I called to her and she said, “No, Not I, but Rienne…” and she showed me Rienne’s drawing.

-end-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

!!!!!