2.12.2013

Water's Edge


 
 
Ripples recede into the dusk.

From where horizon’s lost, horizons meet,


You call by the edge of the sea.
 

 
Remembering no fear        (for I
am already your making)
of the fabric of me           (You.)
 
A child
wanting no world (for beautiful
You are my world, you are)     I
 
run    for a dive in the blue
swing  to where gravity rises
roll    in the dirt and the flower—it comprises
of all that I am
and all that you see.
 
No longer afraid
(Will you?)               I
reach the moon and all that I'm saying
and                   (hear!)
the rays of a sun singing.
 
Into the dawn
one sparkle is skimming
its way to the shore of the ocean
to find it is lost, its destination:
a candle lit at noon
a snowflake rested at sea.
 
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that is keeping the stars apart 

 
I carry your heart with me.
I carry it in my heart.
(I carry your heart with me.
I carry it in my heart.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: